- Augmented Hands. I repeat my prediction that all human senses will eventually be mediated by computers.
- The Turing Complete User. This is a thing that I keep thinking about, in terms of how much humans should know about the technology that they use in very vital and / or intimate ways. I don’t drive…but many people that I know who do drive can’t do anything if their car breaks down. What is the appropriate model for using computers?
- Machine learning algorithms try to understand art, results are amazing.
- Dave Sirlin has a podcast, natch.
- Oh no, people are using samples tackily. Sherburne has a point, for sure…but it’s not like dance music, or indeed music, has ever been decent about stealing ideas from people. Shit goes back to the Baroque, at least.
- Caribou has made a 1000 song mixtape. Yeah.
- Teufelsberg impulse responses. (!!)
- Sterling, Lebowsky, and Doctorow talk about the state of the world.