week nine billion
Lots to catch up on.
– The US Navy once built a research boat that is designed to rotate 90 degrees into the water.
– Enclaves within enclaves, between Belgium and The Netherlands.
– Fuck the NSA – and this is funny.
– Sony hate music, may prevent Beyonce from being on Tidal.
– I’ve been a fan of Luisa Pereira for a while, but seeing her talk at a Monthly Music Hackathon only made me like her work more.
– Super nice conductive thread / wearable interfaces via Project Jacquard.
– Ableton Push Hero, via my friend / black magician Nathan.
– Saw FURY ROAD – it deserves every bit of praise it is getting.
– Destroying objects as soundscapes.
– The Segulharp is maybe a bit pat, but really nice. As someone who knows a lot about digital interfaces for making music, real acoustics thing are pretty good.
– Along those lines, this monster is neat: the interface is willfully bad, which makes the performance even more impressive – look at 2:02 or so, where he rotates the pad just because he can.
– A Twine “interactive fiction” thing is finally blowing up – on the Apple Watch, no less.
– Typedrummer is the most basic thing, but works really well. It’s a drum machine with the drum machine elided away, which is something that has been on my mind for a minute.