Late, again, but lots to talk about.
– Y Combinator is starting a research lab. Which is interesting in at least six ways. I, personally, hate the lack of speed in academia, but there are many things that said lack of speed enable.
– LineFORM, from the Tangible Media Group at MIT, is sort of neat. We currently think of our personal supercomputers as phones / black mirrors / etc, but they for sure do not have to be. (The actuation looks pretty cheap, to me, but the idea is particular)
– Ellen Jewett, on the other hand, is not much of a modernist, but is amazing.
– Biosciences just get more and more bonkers. I think I’ve mentioned CRISPR before, but it really can’t be mentioned too often. Note the money line of the “editable mouse” – that’s us in a few generations.
– Brian McFee pointed me at Neural Storyteller, which is terrifying and wonderful.